Budget Travel: Tana Toraja Cultural Tourism

Here, Tana Toraja, I can recognize cultures and customs that do not exist elsewhere even in any world.
tana-toraja
How to travel to Toraja?
Departing from Jakarta by plane, I landed in Makassar. I am a promo ticket hunter, so I have prepared for this trip with a pretty neat planning .
From Makassar to Toraja takes about 8 hours. Based on the information I get, I need to depart from Makassar to Toraja at 9:00 pm local time. Because night we can sleep on the bus. The next morning, upon arrival I was ready to continue my journey and touring Tana Toraja. Energy has been replenished.
For bus tickets to Toraja it costs Rp 150.000, - to Rp 180.000, - per person.
To maximize the adventure in Toraja, I chose to rent a motor vehicle. Places of tourist sites located in the north and across the south, making me have to take the alternative with the nimble moves and motor is the answer. The vehicle I rented is the one I rent from the inn. Because we will be able to price double discount.

Where will you stay?

Tana Toraja provides many places to stay because of its location as a tourist attraction. There are some cheap lodging recommendations I can that is Wisma Maria I in Rantepao city and Mama Rina Homestay in Batutumonga. From both of them I was not too comfortable , and finally my choice fell to the house Monica at a rate of Rp 250,000, - thousand per night.Although a little expensive per night in appeal with an offer of lodging at Rp 90.000, - but this inn is much more comfortable. 

Where are you going?

ne'-coupled
Ne 'Gandeng - Photos taken from Compass
Visiting Museum Na 'Gandeng' we can see the typical Toraja custom burial process. Originally Ne 'Gandeng was used for the funeral procession of Ne' Gandeng character who was instrumental in Tana Toraja. However, today, all Tana Toraja residents may use it.
kete-kesu
Pallawa - Photos taken from your wisatamu
To just look around what kind of custom house Toraja, there is no harm in my visit to Pallawa. Toraja traditional house called Tongkonan with a curved roof like a boat and made of bamboo are arranged strong. If in every corner of the classroom there are photos of the president and his deputy and the eagle, here is the arrangement of buffalo horns on the front.
batutumonga
Batutumonga - Photo from Andina Laksmi
The vast expanse of paddy fields and large boulders lying in every place, is a stone cemetery for Toraja residents in Batutumonga. One family has one stone. This tour is quite scary because it is identical with corpses and graves. But the panorama from the top of the slope of Mount Sesean is so spoil the eye. The rice fields are neatly arranged in a ring. Like the beautiful rice fields in Bali are often exposed to television.
bori
Bori - Photo by Setiawan Danu
In addition to the graves located in large rocks, Toraja also has a grave lawn field, Bori. To enter, I was charged an entrance fee of Rp 10.000, -. I like to be invited to ancient times with the menhir (standing stone) that I used to hear in history lessons,
ketes-desu
Kete Desu - Photo from Febby
Kete desu, this grave is thousands of years old. That's what I heard from locals here. Stone graves that resemble a canoe. Just shudder when I see the remains of human skulls and bones scattered beside the coffin.

What are you eating?

No need to worry to hunt for food in Tana Toraja which is identical with pork-based food. There is also a substitute for pork for Muslims, ie with chicken or fish. The first food I hunt is pa'piong burak.
If in the land of Java, pa'piong burak similar to Pepes. It's just the difference lies in the way of cooking. Toraja typical food is burned on bamboo stems covered with banana leaves. The combination of spices complete with chicken meat, makes the tongue did not want to stop chewing.
A few days on vacation there, I do not want to miss to taste other cuisines. There is also pamarrasan. Actually this food is also made from pork, but utuk Muslim can be replaced with fish. From the look, pamarrasan is similar to rawon just a little sauce. For fresh food, I can enjoy pantollo 'uwai sour food, Toraja soup. It's just that his unique name makes me want to taste it.
Almost at the food stall there is sambel. This sambel is made from typical Toraja sauce, Tu'tuk Lada Katokkan. Ah, spicy kick really up to my stomach.
Long before my arrival here, friends ask for souvenirs of Toraja coffee. He said it tasted different from other places, namely the taste of the land and the forest and after I tried, it is true. However, the scent is so piercing the nose when a glass of coffee presented in front of me.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments